Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fans Call For Jerry's Head...Again

I wrote below in my previous post, in a perhaps reflective manner (Jerry's "wait and see, we'll evaluate the situation" mantra is even hypnotizing me into boredom) that I disagree with him removing Johan Santana from a scoreless game in the 9th inning. I somewhat gave him the benefit of the doubt, and instead of questioning why pull Santana (the benefit of the doubt results from the assumption he knows his guy's physical limitations better than we do) but instead I questioned WHO he brought into the game. Regardless, after "evaluating" the mood of Mets fans I reached one unanimous conclusion: "HEADS MUST ROLL." Didn't we just come off of a 5-game winning streak?

This particular quote, in my opinion, sums up the general Mets fan frustration towards Jerry Manuel. Regarding tonight's starting pitcher, Fernando Nieve, a fan is quoted as saying, "It doesnt matter if he is pitching a no-hitter Jerry will take him out because he passed his pitch count."

BUT FANS, DON'T BE UPSET WITH JERRY - HE IS GANSTA, REMEMBER???

If you don't remember, one time back in 2008, Jerry Manuel took a bit of exception to Jose Reyes (this really happened for you skeptics).....

“I told him the next time he does that, I’m going to get my blade out and cut him, right on the field. Hey, I’m a gangsta now. You go gangsta on me, I’m gonna have to get you now.”


OH S**** JERRY. ....maybe that's how he has avoided being fired?...physical threats?....hmm..."HEY OMAR, YOU CAN'T FIRE ME, I'M GANGSTA AS S***. I'LL CUT YOU UP....after I evaluate the situation, of course."

***It was not reported, but Jose Reyes responded to Manuel's aforementioned threat with something like, "only if you can catch me geezer" before he sped off. In the process, he proceeded to tear his hamstring, and missed most of 2009. When asked to verify this, Omar Minaya refused comment. He's afraid. Verrrrry afraid.

-Tom Greenhalgh (5/29/10)

*******


THE DAILY JERRY:


Jerry Manuel held a press conference this afternoon addressing last night's game and his decision to pull Johan Santana from the game.

JM: "After evaluating his performance last night, uhhh, Dan and I decided that...that it was best to keep Johan fresh for...


"AYO, JERRY, JERRY...IMMA LET YOU FINISH MAN, BUT...PULLING SANTANA WAS JUST PLAIN STUPID. MAN, WHAT THE F*** WERE YOU THINKING?"

-Tom Greenhalgh (5/29/10)

1 comment:

  1. great blog I couldn't of said it better myself!!! haha Go mets

    ReplyDelete