Thursday, June 24, 2010

Seinfeld, Stewart, Rock and James Should Team Up

By this point I'm sure you've read all about Jerry Seinfeld's takeover of the SNY broadcast booth last night. So, I'll spare you my take. It did get me thinking though, who are the funniest Mets fans out there? And if I were to create a supergroup to replace Gary, Ron, Keith and Kevin for a game, who would I choose?

Well, there are many choices within the comedy, film, television, and stand up departments. So, here is a list of possible candidates:

-Jon Stewart (The Daily Show)

-Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld)

-Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond)

-Jim Breuer (Half Baked, SNL)

-Ben Stiller (Meet The Parents, Zoolander, many more)

-Matthew Broderick (Ferris Bueller's Day Off)

-Kevin James (The King Of Queens)

-Chris Rock (SNL, Dr. Dolittle)

There are more, but I don't have all day and I'm sure neither do you. So, let's play make believe for a bit. Of these 8, who would you pick to replace Cohen, Darling, Hernandez, and Burkhardt respectively?

Here's how I would do it. First, I have to pick my favorite four, and I choose Stewart, James, Rock, and Seinfeld. Jon Stewart is hands down one of the funniest and wittiest personalities on TV. I pick Kevin James for his role in the King of Queens and Seinfeld because last night he proved to me that not only is he a clever and funny individual, but he is also very in tune with Mets baseball. Finally, I'll take Chris Rock for the fourth spot for his sheer absurdity and his crazy high pitched squeal of a voice that is funny often enough.

Now, to assemble their roles:

-Jerry Seinfeld in for Cohen to do the play by play.
-Stewart in for Darling because he is the most analytical and insightful of the bunch.
-James in for Hernandez because they are comparably ridiculous.
-Chris Rock in for Burkhardt because he would conduct a funny interview and I wouldn't have to hear his voice constantly.


What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. I'd change it up a bit.

    First, I'd go with Chris Rock doing the play by play. Just so I could hear his gut reaction when an exciting play happens.

    I agree with you on Jon Stewart so he stays put in Ron Darling's role.

    Seinfeld fill's in for Keith, because I think he is quick to share his opinion just like Mex. I don't think he cares what other people think about it as well.

    Finally, I would have Jim Breuer serve in Kevin Burkhardt's role. I think it would be hilarious to have him messing with everyone in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete