Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tricky Dickey Amazin' Again - Mets 5, Tigers 0 (Game 71)


I'm running low on superlatives and I'm truly devoid of an explanation as to why exactly R.A. Dickey never loses a baseball game.  With 8 shutout innings last night, he became the first Met to go 6-0 in his first 7 starts since...ever.  And now, next to his name reads a pretty 6-0 with a 2.33 ERA. 

Can anyone explain this? I'm serious, because I don't know what to say. I started writing this blog in part because I thought I was a person who kind of had a grip on the game of baseball and the Mets, but this is just something I can not explain.

But that's baseball for ya.  We love a game that defies reason and expectation, a game where nobodies become somebodies and somebodies become nobodies.  A game where, in reality, anomalies and unpredictability are really the only sure thing.  


-Tom Greenhalgh (6/24/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment